I am providing the monthly update on the COVID-19 Comeback Folio. As quick reminder:
September and October have been volatile months. In the month of October, the folio dropped 10% to land at 181.66%.
Top five performers:
- LVGO stayed at #1 spot but will drop off after completing the merger with TDOC. This has been an amazing trade. I will need to assess how to account for this change for the next report.
- PINS rocketed to #2 from #5 after that bone crushing ER. It is now the new darling of the folio.
- TSLA stays at #3 from last month.
- FSLY slipped to #4 after dropping over 50% over the loss of Tik Tok as a customer. Earnings provided some more clarity on other business metrics. Looks like it is in the doghouse for the near term, but I still live the name for the long term.
- ENPH rocketed to #5 from #9 after another earnings beat and record gross margin.
- Although the folio lost 10% in the last month but still up a respectable 181%.
- In a real trading situation, you will likely follow a process (I talk about my process abt dealing with volatility here), and that will help contain any major draw downs.
- I expect us to be back to our regular scheduled bull programming post-elections. The only scenario where this is held up is if the results are close and it ends up in a legal battle.
Be ruthless about your picks. Be prudent about your trades.